top of page
Black Bull Pub - Haworth
  • Black Bull Pub - Haworth

    The Black Bull in Haworth can trace its history back to a 16th century coaching inn. The current pub is situated next to the Anglican Church of Haworth. It is famous the world over as the home of the Bronte’s. In September 1792 it became the seat of the Lodge of the Three Graces Haworth 408 and the Freemasons met here until July 1806 before moving to Lodge Street. The original masonic seat used by Branwell Bronte still resides on the staircase of the Black Bull along with the spirit of the man himself. Branwell, although brilliant, didn’t share the same success as his sisters and tried and failed to hold down several jobs. He attended the Royal Academy in London but this came to nothing as did several of his other later ventures. These included being a portrait painter, a clerk at Sowerby Bridge railway station and a tutor. However, he was proposed as a Freemason and joined the Lodge of the Three Graces Haworth 408 in February 1836 and became secretary in 1837 till 1842.

    • Time & Address

      9:30pm - 1:30am 

       

      119 Main St, Haworth, Keighley BD22 8DP

    £48.00Price
    bottom of page